Beginners Dressmaking – Claire Top
€90.00 – €100.00
Ever wanted to make your own clothes? Learn how to make your own garment in one day workshops. This class is aimed at the absolute beginner and sewists who want to learn to sew with cotton fabric.
This course is run over 6hrs on a Saturday , with a break for lunch. Tea or coffee will be provided, we ask everyone to bring their own mug.
A printed pattern will be provided for you to use in class and keep for future projects.
We ask that you use fabric from Crafty Studio for your project. Cotton Lawn Poplin, quilters cotton, and linen are all recommended for this pattern. Please clink here, for details about the pattern we will be making and materials required. All students will be given 10% off fabric and supplies.
We recommend that you use your own sewing machine, but if you do not have one you can opt to hire one for class. Please select the with machine option in the drop down menu.
Please bring pins and pin cushion, dressmaking scissors and tailors chalk.
By the end of the course students will
- know how to thread and use a sewing machine for cotton /linen fabric
- understand how a sewing pattern work.
- Be able to take body measurements
- be able to select the correct pattern size for measurements
- know how to layout and cut a pattern correctly.
- be able to sew a pattern together correctly.
- know how to measure mark and sew hems
- know how to mark a dart.
- Be able to sew a dart.
- Know how to inset a sleeve
- be able to finish a wearable garment.
Project: Claire Top
Level: Beginner to Improver
Dates: Saturday 13th May
Time: 10:30 – 5pm
Duration: 6hrs over 1 day
Location: Crafty Studio, 2a Prospect Ave, Harts Corner, Glasnevin Dublin 9.
There are no reviews yet.