Beginners Hand Embroidery – 13th Jan 2024
Have you ever wanted to try embroidery, but thought it was too difficult or you would’t know where to start? Well this class could be for you, our textiles tutor Sandra Reynolds has 28yrs experience as an artist and teacher and will guide you through each step. Sandra received a City and Guilds qualification in Textiles and Embroidery and has been exhibiting and selling her work throughout Ireland. She can be found here on her instagram account.
The workshop is 2hrs long and will be repeated with approximately 2 weeks with different stitches and skills in every class.
All patterns, materials and tools will be provided for the students use during class. If you have a small scissors please bring it along with you.
Tea or coffee will be provided, we ask everyone to bring their own mug that has a lid.
Duration: 2 1/2 hrs
Dates: Saturday 13th Jan
Times: 2:20 – 5pm
Below is a list of the learning outcomes of the course.
By the end of the course you will
- understand the different fabric and thread used in creative embroidery.
- know how to select colours that work well together.
- understand several different basic stitches.
- create a sampler of basic embroidery stitches.
- know how to use combine these stitches to create different effects.
- know how to transfer a design before stitching.
- know how to use an embroidery hoop
- know how to finish a hoop mounted design
All students will receive a 10% discount code to use on all full price fabric and notions in store and online at craftystudio.ie.