Class Only, Class + Kit, Class + Kit + Machine, Class + Machine
Beginners Quilting Workshop – Festive Fir Tree – 25th November
€80.00 – €135.00
Create a festive lap sized quilt in this step by step beginners class, in just one day! The workshop will cover quilting and patchwork skills as well as assembling and quilting a finished quilt.
Classes are kept small so that you can get the benefit of one to one tuition.
The course will run over one day.
25th November 11am – 5pm (1hr break for lunch)
Below is a list of the learning outcomes of the course.
By the end of the course you will
- understand the different fabric and thread used in patchwork
- know how to select colours and patterns that work well together.
- know what tools to use for patchwork
- know how to use a rotary cutter safely
- know how to make accurate cuts.
- understand how to cut patchwork.
- know how to assemble a quilt block
- know how to sew a scant quarter inch seam
- understand the importance of correct pressing.
- understand the difference between batting
- know how to baste a quilt.
- be able to set up you sewing machine for straight line quilting.
- Know how to use a walking foot.
- know how to do basic straight line quilting.
All students will receive a 10% discount code to use on all full price fabric , and notions in store and on craftystudio.ie.
Tea and coffee will be provided in the morning. There are no lunch making facilities for students on the premises.