Class Only, Class + Machine
Introduction to patchwork – Foundation paper piecing
€80.00 – €90.00
Join us for an introduction to foundation paper piecing to learn new patchwork skills. You will be shown how to create this cute fir tree block that could be part of a bigger quilt, a table runner or on its own a coaster for a hot cup of tea beside the fire.
It is a great last minute Christmas gift as well.
Timi of Scattered Bobbins (@scattered.bobbins).
Project: Patchwork cushion
Beginner to Intermediate
Timi Nicholson @scattered.bobbins
Dates: Saturday 9th Dec
Time: 11am – 5pm (incl 1 hr lunch break)
Duration: 6hrs over 1 day
Location: Crafty Studio, 2a Prospect Ave, Harts Corner, Glasnevin Dublin 9.
Sewing Workshop Outline
By the end of the class students will ..
- know what materials to use for quilting
- know how to cut fabric correctly for patchwork
- know how to use a paper design as a foundation
- know how to baste a ‘quilt’
- understand the difference between straight line and free-motion quilting.
- be able to set up your their sewing machine for free-motion quilting
All materials will be provided.
If you need to hire a sewing machine for the class please select the class + machine option in the drop down menu.
All students will be given a 10% discount coupon to use in shop and online.
We look forward to having you in class.
SKU: N/A Category: Classes