Online Sewing Classes
By the end of the course student will know how to…
Class 1 – Sizing, Materials & Notions
- select the right fabric for their jeans and understand the properties of that fabric
- select the correct thread & needles for your project.
- measure themselves for the pattern
- assess the ease in a pattern.
- read a pattern packet.
- select your correct size.
- cut notches and understand their importance
- place tailors tacks and understand their importance and uses.
- cut out the pattern, getting the most out of your fabric.
- understand common adjustment
Class 2 – Making the Mia Jeans
- make the pockets
- add decoration
- make the zip & fly shield
- sew the back of jeans
- shorten a metal zip
Class 3 – Making the Mia jeans
- inset a fly zip
- sew side seams
Class 4 – Adjusting your jeans
- asses the fit
- common adjustments
- make common adjustments
- hoe to top stitch ‘flat felled’ seams
Class 5 – Q & A
In this class student will be able to ask questions about their jeans and any questions they may have.
All online sewing classes will be recorded*, students will be sent a private link** to the class to use as a reference.
If you give a telephone number while booking you will be added to a WhatsApp group to ask questions to the tutor or fellow students for the duration of the course and 1 week after it ends.
*all recordings are the property of C S Art & Design Ltd trading as Crafty Studio and should not be forwarded to a third party without prior permission.
**videos will be available for 1 year after the class ends
About The Tutor
Ann-Marie has over 20 years experience teaching art craft and design in Secondary Schools, Third Level education, Further Education, Community Settings and Special Needs Settings. When restrictions due to Covid-19 made in person classes no longer viable, Ann-Marie began online sewing classes. She enjoys them immensely as do the students. Its a great way to learn a new skill and meet like minded people during this restrictive time.