Online Sewing Classes
As seen on the Great British Sewing Bee, this simple and stylish top will make a great staple in anyone wardrobe. It has a dipped hem at the back, enclosed arm and neck facing and button and loop closure at the back. This is a beginners friendly class. I will go through the basics of sewing as well as more advanced fit techniques.
By the end of the course student will know how to…
Class 1 – Sizing, Materials & Notions – Wed 16th June 6:30 – 8:30pm
- select the right fabric for their top and understand the properties of that fabric
- select the correct thread & needles for your project.
- measure themselves for the pattern
- assess the ease in a pattern.
- read a pattern packet.
- select your correct size.
- cut notches and understand their importance
- cut out the pattern, getting the most out of your fabric.
- understand common adjustment ie lower bust point, small & full bust adjustment
Class 2 – Making the Sleeveless Top – Mon 21st June – 6:30 – 8:30pm
- inserting darts
- sewing the facing
- making a rouleau loop
- assembling the top
- Adding a button
All online sewing classes will be recorded*, students will be sent a private link** to the class to use as a reference.
If you give a telephone number while booking you will be added to a WhatsApp group to ask questions to the tutor or fellow students for the duration of the course and 1 week after it ends.
*all recordings are the property of C S Art & Design Ltd trading as Crafty Studio and should not be forwarded to a third party without prior permission.
**videos will be available for 1 year after the class ends
About The Tutor
Ann-Marie has over 20 years experience teaching art craft and design in Secondary Schools, Third Level education, Further Education, Community Settings and Special Needs Settings. When restrictions due to Covid-19 made in person classes no longer viable, Ann-Marie began online sewing classes. She enjoys them immensely as do the students. Its a great way to learn a new skill and meet like minded people during this restrictive time.