Upcycling & Embroidery – 1 Day Workshop 16th June
Have you ever wanted to try embroidery, but thought it was too difficult or you would’t know where to start? Well this class could be for you, our textiles tutor Sandra Reynolds has 28yrs experience as an artist and teacher and will guide you through each step. Sandra received a City and Guilds qualification in Textiles and Embroidery and has been exhibiting and selling her work throughout Ireland. She can be found here on her instagram account.
All patterns, materials and tools will be provided for the students use during class. If you wish to embroider a garment or pair of canvas trainers please bring them along with you. You will also get a kit to bring home with you so you can continue on your sewing journey!
Tea or coffee will be provided, we ask everyone to bring their own mug, with a lid if possible. There will be a 1 hr break for lunch.
Project: Upcycling a garment using embroidery. You may choose to embroider using fabric on a hoop also.
Duration: 5hrs incl lunch break
Dates: Saturday 17th June
Times: 11am – 4pm
Below is a list of the learning outcomes of the course.
By the end of the course you will
- understand the different fabric and thread used in creative embroidery.
- know how to select colours that work well together.
- understand several different basic stitches.
- create a sampler of basic embroidery stitches.
- know how to use combine these stitches to create different effects.
- know how to transfer a design before stitching.
- know how to use an embroidery hoop
- know how to finish a hoop mounted design
All students will receive a 10% discount code to use on all full price fabric ,A0 printing and notions in store and online at craftystudio.ie.
9 in stock
There are no reviews yet.