Kolinski Sable hair is derived from a member of the weasel family (Mustela sibirica) that lives in Siberia and northeastern China. It is considered the very finest hair to use when painting in watercolour due to its strength, spring and ability to hold a fine point and edge.
Kolinski Sable hair is the best money can buy and we doubt you’ll find better value Kolinski Sable brushes than these!
- Flat ferrule, square-ended, with medium to long hairs.
- Has the ability to come to a crisp edge and can snap back into shape during use.
- Excellent water retention/colour carrying capacity.
- Use for bold, sweeping strokes, or on edge for fine lines.
- Favoured by watercolourists but also used for fine details in oil painting and ink work.